Who we are
The Lex, Buds, & Pick N’ Roll Podcast owns and operates the lexbuds.com website.
What Type of Personally Identifiable Information does Lexbuds.com collect from me?
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you. Here are the types of data collected:
While using our website or services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Cookies. A cookie is a file placed on a Device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information on your Device. Our Site may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of cookie technology to store information on local storage.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is a small tag (which may be invisible to you) that may be placed on our Site’s pages and messages.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on.
- ETag, or entity tag. An Etag or entity tag is a feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL.
- Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
- Social Media Widgets: The Services may include links that direct you to other websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours (such as Facebook or YouTube). Your use of and any information you submit to any of those third-party sites is governed by their privacy policies, not this one.
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- To allow you to use and access the Site, including for the prevention of fraudulent activity and improved security functionality.
- To assess the performance of the Site, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the content, products or services offered through the Site;
- To offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Site, including identifying you when you sign into our Site or keeping track of your specified preferences or to track your online activities over time and across third-party sites; and
- To deliver content relevant to your interests on our Site and third‑party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements and/or content.
Information We Collect When You Interact with Third-Party Site
Lexbuds.com may include functionality and embedded content that allows certain kinds of interactions between the Site and your account on a third-party website or application. The use of this functionality may involve the third-party site providing information to us. For example, we may provide links on the Site to facilitate sending a communication from the Site or we may use third parties to facilitate emails or postings to social media (like a “Share” or “Forward” button).
Further, when you use third-party sites or services, you are using their services and not our services and they, not we, are responsible for their practices. You should read the applicable third-party privacy policies before using such third-party tools on our Site.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles or posts on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, streaming audio, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images to the website or the Gravatar service, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Lexbuds.com and any visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Provide the Services
Deliver interactive content website and fulfill requests for our products or services.
- Establishing and administering your user account including any customer service contacts you may have with us.
- Authenticate access to your account. For example, you may provide us with a username and password to get access to your account.
- Perform maintenance and operations, including management of the network and devices supporting the Services and our systems.
- Provide technical support and assure quality of customer service interactions.
- Enable your participation in community forums.
Communicate with You:
- Respond to your inquiries.
- Personalize communications.
Make Improvements to Our Products and Services:
- Identify and develop new services and site functionality.
- Improve the design of our webiste and associated services.
- Understand how our website and/or services are used, including by creating measurement and analytics reports.
Provide Recommendations and Deliver Relevant Advertising:
- Offer content or services that may be of interest to you, and keep you informed of new happenings at Lexbuds.com.
- Market our Services and determine which content to recommend to you.
- Send you promotional communications for the content and services that we think may be of interest to you, including by disclosing contact information to third parties that may want to market products or services to you.
- Deliver more relevant advertising.
Investigate Illegal Activities and Ensure a Secure Online Environment:
- Detect the unauthorized reception, use, or abuse of our website or any services.
- Protect you and other subscribers from fraudulent, abusive, unlawful use of, or subscription to the website or services.
- Protect our rights, our personnel, and our property.
- Comply with applicable law.
With Whom is My Information Shared?
Lexbuds.com makes forums, comments, message boards, and/or news groups available to our users. Some of these services may require registration. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Aggregate information compiled by Lexbuds.com may be shared with advertisers and business partners.
We reserve the right to disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law or pursuant to a legal proceeding, including without limitation, in response to a court order or a subpoena.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request to email@example.com.